NURSE RN OR LPN
Indian Creek Elem.
Center #58 School District
- Job ID: 2873717
- Application Deadline:
January 5, 2018
December 7, 2017
- Starting Date:
Nurse - RN
Current Missouri License
CPR and First Aid certified, AED
Building Principal and Director of Special Services
Strengthen and facilitate the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of children and staff by identifying and assisting in the removal or modification of health related barriers to the learning and teaching process.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Promote and protect optimal health status of students.
2. Provide health assessments by obtaining health history, observation, and screening for deficiencies in hearing, vision, growth, dental, etc. and make referrals as needed.
3. Develop and implement health plans.
4. Maintain, evaluate, and interpret cumulative health records.
5. Participate as the health specialist on educational evaluation teams to develop IEP and 504 plans.
6. Develop procedures and provide crisis intervention for acute injury, illness and emotional disturbances.
7. Serve as a resource person to the classroom teacher and administrators in health instruction and as a member of the health curriculum committee.
8. Coordinate school and community health activities and serve as a liaison between school, home and community.
9. Provide leadership and/or support for staff wellness.
10. Assist in the formation of health policies, goals and objectives for the school district.
11. Supervise the delegation of nursing tasks to other staff members.
12. Provide guidance and counseling related to health problems.
13. Prepares and submits reports for the superintendent and the Missouri State Department of Health.
14. Authorizes exclusion and readmission of students in compliance with Board policy on infectious and contagious diseases as well as Missouri State Department of Health regarding immunization compliance.
15. Authorized exclusion & readmission of students in compliance with Board policy on infectious and contagious diseases as well as state mandated immunization compliance.
16. Participates in in-service training program.
17. Demonstrate autonomy in decision making and practice.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work schedule to be established by the Board.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Boards’ policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
Student Services > School Nurse
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Center #58 School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.