JOB PLACEMENT SPECIALIST
Detroit Public Schools Community District
- Job ID: 2873719
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 7, 2017
- Starting Date:
Job Placement Specialist – Work Based Learning Coordinator
Reports to: Principal (or Designee)
Location: Randolph Career/Technical (CTC)
Must possess and provide evidence of minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools or an equivalent accrediting organization and a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate covering grades 9-12 inclusive with vocational certification/endorsement.
Five (5) years successful teaching experience in Career Technical Education or a combination of five (5) years certified teaching in a Career Technical program or work experience in Co-Op or Placement.
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, as well as illness and/or vacation days.
Position Job Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Career/Technical Center Director, the Job Placement Specialist will:
1. Provide information to students and staff on career opportunities and requirements.
2. Work cooperatively with counselors to assist students in developing employability skills and career paths.
3. Develop visual materials to publicize the placement program.
4. Work cooperatively with job developers in developing and locating job openings for graduates and work experience students.
5. Develop new sites for training purposes. Organize and maintain a record system on students including skills, interest and abilities.
6. Coordinate, plan and implement interviewing sessions for employers.
7. Coordinate job recruitment fairs and other programs for developing jobs.
8. Plan and arrange for pre-employment testing.
9. Coordinate the follow up and evaluation of the placement program.
10. Maintain an effective public relations program with business, industry and the community.
11. Identify and refer students to placement opportunities consistent with their needs, skills and interests.
12. Organize and maintain a job data bank.
13. Conduct job clinic for students and/or graduates who have difficulty in maintaining their employment.
14. Organize and maintain a record system inclusive of all pertinent data on employers’ necessary to make an adequate placement.
15. Collect and disseminate information on current labor market needs and/or trends.
16. Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director or his/her designee.
Method of Application
Applicants must submit an application to detroitk12.org/employment. ONLY applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for the position.
All applicants are to attach:
Copy of transcripts
Most recent resume and cover letter
Copy of your valid teacher certification must be attached (certification must be at the grade level on you are applying for).
Applicants will receive an automated confirmation once they have successfully applied for a position.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire.
Service outside of the Detroit Public Schools must be verified by the applicant's employer(s) prior to hire.
It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Due to the high volume of candidates applying for positions, we regret that we are unable to pull individual personnel files to retrieve/copy documents. Therefore, to assure the application process is not delayed, if you are applying for multiple positions with the district, we strongly encourage you to have available several photocopies of your credentials to be submitted for each position for which you apply. Documentation will not be accepted subsequent to the closing date of the announcement. Incomplete information will not be considered.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Division of Human Resources at (313) 873-6897.
The Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit does not discriminate against, deny benefits to or exclude participation by any person in its programs, activities or employment on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, creed, religion or handicap.
Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
$35,683 to $65,965 Per Year
- At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.