(3rd) Grade Teacher
Salary and Benefits
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports To: Principal
How to Apply: https://platform.teachermatch.org/jobsboard.do?districtId=569404168
Schools 3rd Grade Teachers are unique in that they realize success
is built on relationships. They focus their work on student learning.
Furthermore, they whole-heartedly believe that all students can learn and demonstrate that by engaging
principles of distributed leadership and distributed counseling. Acero Schools expects that all
adults understand that it is everyone’s responsibility to develop students,
both personally and academically.
Schools 3rd Grade Teachers know that they are responsible for the
academic growth of their students, and they are willing to do whatever it takes
to ensure success.
Grade Teachers at Acero Schools lead the curriculum, instruction, and
assessment for students to which they are assigned. They relentlessly pursue
student growth and achievement through diligent planning, careful instructional
execution, and on-going collaboration with colleagues and the school leadership
Achievement and Success
- Ensure high academic standards are set for and met by all
- Develop and execute a rigorous standards-based curriculum.
- Differentiate curriculum, instruction, and individualized
learning plans to meet individual student needs.
- Use student performance data derived from teacher-created and
standardized assessments to drive instructional decision-making.
to School and Classroom Culture:
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Develop positive relationships with students.
- Develop classroom rules for behavior that are consistent with
the school wide rules and Acero Schools Student Code of Conduct.
- Develop positive relationships with parents for the purpose
of creating a support for students and their education program; execute
assigned home visits to facilitate this process.
- Assist in promoting the participation of students, parents,
and other members of the staff in Acero Schools-initiated activities.
- Collaborate with Assistant Principal to develop and execute
Professional Growth Plan.
- Engage in self-initiated focused, reflective work (action
research, critical collaboration, case study, or learning log).
- Clearly and accurately communicate with administration,
colleagues, students, parents, and larger academic community to improve academic outcomes for
- Exhibit personal responsibility for daily work and
attendance, personal appearance, student learning, and school success.
- Demonstrate collegial behavior and make professional
development contributions to the school community.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the academic progress
of students under his/her leadership and articulate the methods used to achieve
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Must possess valid Illinois Professional Educator License
(PEL) or (equivalent) (required)
- Must possess valid Illinois K-9 self-contained endorsement or
- Must hold permanent residency in the United States (required)
Nature of work requires an ability to operate
standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate
and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up
and maintain work files. Physically demands require the ability to
stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around the classroom 60% of
the day. In addition, walking up and down stairs several times a
day. Must be able to lift 15 to 20 pounds for short periods of time
and push and pull 15 to 20 lbs.
Majority of work performed in
a general office environment. Position requires availability for
extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job
duties. Also requires participation and attendance at
organization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE: The foregoing list of
essential duties and responsibilities is intended to be representative of the
tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive
of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does
not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such
functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals. Acero
Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap,
age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.