SENIOR SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Springfield Public Schools
- Job ID: 2873756
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 7, 2017
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Support Staff > Maintenance
- Assist in the management of the district inventory and asset management system.
- Collaborate on joint technical projects.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Coordinate with senior staff on problem resolution.
- Coordinate, direct, and escalate technology issues as needed.
- Implement and ensure adherence to district technology standards and procedures.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain technology related equipment and software.
- Instruct staff on technology related software and equipment.
- Maintain the highest level of system security and data integrity.
- Provide first and second level support for all technology issues within the District.
- Provide assistance and direction to Junior Systems Technicians.
- Relocate technology equipment within facilities as needed.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Utilize the district ticketing system to document and account for time and resolution of work.
- Work collaboratively with all technology staff members and vendors.
- Work with management and other senior staff to highlight technology issues within district buildings and make recommendations.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college/university is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Knowledge in a broad range of IT technologies.
- Knowledge of MS Windows practices, implementation, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 8.
- Customer oriented, self-motivated, and dedicated team player.
- Ability to patiently and diligently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong communication, written and verbal skills.
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Willingness to attend training and learn new skills.
- Patience and understanding of the problems of staff with limited experience in the use of technologies.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- This position is required to frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift 50 pounds.
Welcome to Springfield Public Schools!
Thank you for your interest in the Springfield Public Schools.
The Springfield Public School district is committed to hiring a diverse pool of qualified educators, administrators, and non-instructional support staff.
The Springfield Public Schools is a large and diverse urban district with over 4,800 employees. We serve over 25,000 students in 52 schools. The district has a highly committed staff, a strong school committee, and very supportive community partnerships.
The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency will ensure the delivery of an educational experience in which all learners achieve success. Springfield is proud to offer some of the most progressive educational programming in the nation, including specialized magnet schools at the elementary, middle and high school levels. Springfield offers the International Baccalaureate program, Montessori, STEM, Expeditionary Learning Schools, and non-traditional educational programs.
Be part of The Springfield Promise--If you are committed to fostering excellence in all students, effective in enabling your students to achieve high levels of academic success, like to work collaboratively as part of a team, have strong content and pedagogical knowledge, and embrace and value diversity-- The Springfield Public Schools is the place for you.
VISION : The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency
To provide the highest quality of education so that all of our students are empowered to realize their full?potential and lead fulfilling lives as lifelong learners, responsible citizens and leaders in the 21st Century.
To accomplish this work, it will take the support and assistance of everyone: students, parents, teachers, support staff, administrators
and the community. Through an aligned management system, each of the following strategic priorities will serve to help ensure system?wide accountability:
• High Academic Achievement For 21st Century Success
• Safe Learning and Working Environment
• Highly Qualified and Effective Staff
• Effective Parent and Community Partnerships
• Appropriate Use of Resources and Equitable Funding
• Accountable Leadership
• Effective Communications
• Our Students Will Always Come First
• Teamwork, Trust and Mutual Respect are Expected
• Everyone will Share in the Accountability
• Our Core Business is Teaching and Learning
• Parents and Community are our Partners
THEORY OF ACTION
If WE are clear in our expectations, focus on the instructional core, provide appropriate support, monitor performance with
WE will dramatically improve student achievement and close the achievement gap.
The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency. Raise the Bar and Close the Gap
Learn more about us...
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Springfield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, handicap, or military service, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
There are no application questions required for this job posting.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.