CONTENT SPECIALIST - SECONDARY ELAR - CURRICULUM OFFICE
Waco ISD (learn more)
- Job ID: 2873771
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
January 29, 2018
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Facilitate, develop, implement, evaluate, and provide leadership for the delivery of reading instruction in accordance with the District’s Reading Plan for grades 6-12.Click here for complete job description.
Administrator > Curriculum
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
State-level Positions > Specialist
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waco ISD is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Master’s degree
- Master Reading Teacher (MRT) Certification -
- Valid Texas teaching certificate
- Broad-based knowledge of the district curriculum and district initiatives/programs which support and are aligned to the English Language Arts and Reading and core curriculum that are associated with literacy
- Broad-based knowledge and training in application of research-based teaching methods and learning strategies in the development of literacy practices
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate instructional literacy strategies and student learning styles related to the unique learning needs of all students including those of special populations
- Knowledge and skills in the use of technology as a resource tool for accessing and analyzing data for determining appropriate interventions and supports to campuses
- Ability to maintain effective written and oral communication
- Ability to develop and provide professional development to adult learners
- Demonstrated evidence of flexible thinking and willingness to accept new ideas and constructive feedback for personal, professional and program growth and development
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with all stakeholders for ensuring improvement in both instructional performance and academic achievement (teaching and learning)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret district and campus data for determining corrective interventions associated with instructional decisions and programming which impact teacher instruction and student performance
- At least five years of experience as classroom teacher
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of effective supervisory practices and/or supervisory experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.