Department: Assigned Campus
Reports: Principal and DAEP Teacher
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: 2
No of Days:185
Supervise students assigned to in-school suspension (ISS) for disciplinary reasons. Maintain a highly structured and orderly environment. Work under the general supervision of the principal and immediate direction of a certified teacher on a daily basis.
- Work with certified teacher and campus administrators to create and maintain an orderly and highly structured environment.
- Work with individual students to complete assignments given by classroom teacher.
- Consult classroom teachers regarding student assignments.
- Distribute, collect and check student assignments for accuracy.
- Maintain individual files of completed student assignments and return to classroom teachers.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations, and Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Record student attendance and discipline referrals using computer.
- Supervise students assigned to ISS during lunch and bathroom breaks.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in staff development training program, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or DAEP Teacher.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 48 semester hours of college coursework from a regionally accredited college or university OR meets NCLB requirements for Highly Qualified Paraprofessionals.
- Possess or apply for SBEC paraprofessional certificate (personal expense)
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to use computer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Moderate standing
- Moderate stooping
- Moderate bending
- Moderate lifting
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Regular attendance required.
- Computer and printer
- Copy Machine
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Normal classroom environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive description of all work requirements and responsibilities. Additionally, the minimum level of education noted as a requirement could be supplemented by commensurate experience and/or certification(s) as determined by the hiring manager.