Salem-Keizer Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Elementary School Principal for the 2018-19 academic year. Location to be determined.
The primary function of the principal is to lead, direct and administer all school operations and activities of an elementary school including instructional programs, support services, facility and ground operations, maintenance, student and community relations activities.
- Master's degree with five years of teaching experience, and three to five years of administrative service or a combination thereof
- Valid Oregon Administrator license
The District is seeking a strong instructional leader. Candidates must demonstrate:
- Success in philosophy, curriculum, and instruction including an understanding of a culturally responsive instructional process and a variety of instructional strategies as well as a commitment to the improvement of instructional programs.
- Success in leading the improvement of student learning, as evidenced by the improvement of school-based and/or district-based data points.
- Successful and culturally responsive leadership experiences in staff leadership, supervision, and evaluation, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with teachers to improve instruction.
- Ability and desire to establish positive relationships with persons regardless of race, gender, physical limitation, sexual orientation, or religious belief, with an active commitment to equal opportunity for all persons.
- Success in supporting and sharing the organizational vision while collaborating with diverse staff to accomplish goals and problem solve.
- Understanding of the change process and its relationship to current trends in education.
- Effectiveness in planning, scheduling, and allocating resources, reaching logical conclusions and making high-quality decisions using appropriate decision-making processes, and accepting responsibility for action.
- Effectiveness in using computer technologies to enhance instruction and manage building functions.
- Success in exercising good judgement, insight, self-awareness, integrity, and cultural responsiveness when interacting with diverse employees, students, and patrons.
- Effectiveness representing the school in the community through business partnerships and activities.
- Understanding of effective leadership and instructional practices which lead to high levels of student engagement and achievement.
- Understanding of socially just practices and strategies which enhance student achievement.
- Ability in utilizing culturally responsive strategies to work effectively with administrators, teachers, and association leaders to help improve classroom instruction.
- Ability to foster an environment that focuses on quality results while motivating, developing, and supporting a diverse staff, encouraging continuous improvement, and working effectively as a member of a diverse team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed to accomplish tasks, provide support and staff development, or meet with other constituents.
- Commitment and ability to continue one's own lifelong learning, to develop talent and leadership skills in others, to provide critical feedback, and to receive critical feedback in order to maintain high standards to one's self and the organization.
- Success incorporating culturally competent strategies and utilizing culturally responsive communication and engagement strategies with all members of the school community.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form with the ability to make clear, persuasive, and engaging presentations to groups.
- Strong commitment to the principles of trust, teamwork, accessibility, problem solving and collaboration.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and interact successfully with diverse instructional, support services, and administrative staff, including perceiving the needs and concerns of others; assisting others in resolving conflicts; motivating others; and designing programs to assist others in meeting organizational goals.
- Knowledge of teacher evaluation and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge in K-12 public schools.
Additional skills preferred:
- Ability to form strong bonds with the community and business sector
- Knowledge of Title 1 Programs/guidelines
- Knowledge of programs (i.e., Literacy Squared, ESL, Dual Language) for English Language Learners (ELD)
- Prior experience working with English Language Learners
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary and Benefits:
$88,858 - $108,105 (salary based on 2017-18 salary schedule and may be subject to change)
223 day contract
Administrative candidates must submit a complete online Recruit and Hire application, including a current resume, letter of interest, three letters of recommendation, one from the immediate supervisor is preferred, and a response to all district background and veteran questions.
See the job description >>
Salem-Keizer School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.