First Review of Applicants: January 12, 2018
Effective Start Date: 2018-2019 School Year
Completed Application Packet Must Include:
Yuma Elementary School District One
- Completed Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Three Completed Online References
- Verification of Principal Certificate and Education
The job of Principal is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process with specific responsibilities for directing overall site operations, services, and staff at an assigned school site; providing information and serving as a resource to others; enforcing established policies and regulatory requirements; coordinating school activities and addressing issues, situations and/or problems that arise on campus or with enrolled students; and creating a learning environment that fosters compassionate and responsible life long learners.
This job reports to Associate Superintendent
- Analyzes data for the purpose of identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a plan of action that will efficiently address needs.
- Attends school events (e.g. dances, sporting events, band performances, curriculum nights, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the students, teachers, and parents.
- Chairs meetings (e.g. curriculum, safety, site advisory, special district committees, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating activities and ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district and/or state objectives.
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g. CPS, Truancy Program, Juvenile Court, food and clothing banks, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs.
- Creates school master schedule for the purpose of ensuring that personnel and students are scheduled accordingly.
- Delegates responsibility for a variety of administrative functions to the Assistant Principal and other personnel for the purpose of managing the workload more efficiently.
- Develops budgets and financial forecasts for the purpose of providing financial guidance and recommendations to administrative personnel, Superintendent and/or Governing Board.
- Evaluates and monitors assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring that standards are achieved and performance is maximized.
- Evaluates programs and/or projects for the purpose of carrying out and achieving overall objectives of the school and maximizing the use of funds.
- Facilitates communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
- Implements policies, procedures, programs and/or processes for the purpose of providing direction and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behavior of students for the purpose of assisting students in modifying such behavior and developing successful interpersonal skills.
- Maintains student discipline for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Manages school administrative functions (e.g. facility maintenance, Continuous Improvement Plans (CIPs), Title I budget, budget, staffing, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining safe and efficient school operations within district guidelines.
- Monitors IEPs, 504s, and/or other programs for the purpose of ensuring compliance with district, state and federal guidelines.
- Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. District Board meetings, inter and intra district committees, Administrative Staff meetings, conferences, PLC, PTA/PTO, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and gathering information regarding a wide variety of subjects required to carry out their administrative responsibilities.
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supervising, evaluating, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing; enhancing productivity and ensuring standards are achieved and performance maximized.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. reports, student activities, correspondences, evaluations, continuous improvement plans, i-observations, student disciplinary actions, duty schedules, student attendance, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Presents information (e.g. budget overviews, accounting processes, distribution formulas, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
- Promotes a collaborative environment to solve problems, implement services and/or programs for the purpose of enhancing student achievement.
- Researches alternate funding sources for the purpose of maintaining the efficient operation of the school.
- Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Supervises school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school's curriculum.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Represents the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: planning and managing projects; using pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and administering personnel policies.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; conflict resolution; bookkeeping principles, and concepts of management and supervision.
ABILITY is required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working with frequent interruptions; creating a positive school climate for students, staff and community; motivating staff; and adapting to changing work priorities.
Responsibilities include: working independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve unit objectives; managing multiple departments; determining the use of funds. utilization of significant resources from other work units is routinely required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 50% sitting, 50% walking, and 0% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Masters degree in job-related area.
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Range
|Maintains Certificates and/or Licenses
|Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance