USD 207, Fort Leavenworth School District
TITLE OF POSITION: DoDEA Project Director
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Deputy Superintendent
CONTRACT PERIOD: To be determined by District, up to 200 Days, Contracted Position not within the Bargaining Unit for a potential duration through May 2020
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education; Master’s Degree preferred
CERTIFICATION: Valid Kansas Teaching Certificate (preferred)
EXPERIENCE: One or more years successful grant project team experience (preferred experience in USD 207 and/or Kansas schools).
The DoDEA Project Director will oversee day-to-day management of the grant including supervising project staff, directing professional learning activities, guiding classroom instruction, focusing student interventions, managing project expenditures and coordinating data collection. Their primary role is to support the goals and objectives of the grant as well as being an active participant for future planning activities within the district promoting a sustainable, replicable implementation.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
The Project Director will be responsible for program activities as outlined in the Project PRIME grant application. This includes:
- Overseeing day-to-day grant management
- Supervising project staff
- Directing professional learning activities
- Managing project expenditures
- Coordinating data collection activities with the External Evaluator
- Coordinating activities of Project Consultants (Experts in RTI & Mathematics)
- Coordinating with the Core Leadership Team to create a sustainable implementation
- Conducting project activities related to Project PRIME implementation and sustainability.
- Providing on-going communication with the Core Leadership Team, Building Administrators, and Board of Education
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Master’s Degree preferred) with a valid Kansas Teaching License (preferred).
- Experience working on grant-funded projects.
- Experience working with students in Grades PreK-9.
- Ability to organize time and resources.
- Background/knowledge and experience in research-based instructional strategies and instructional coaching.