PRINCIPAL-ACADEMIES OF MATH AND SCIENCE
Academies of Math and Science Desert Sky (learn more)
Academies of Math & Science
For Today’s Scholars – Tomorrow’s Global Visionaries
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? As part of the AMS family, your role as a dedicated Principal is to use your superb leadership skills to ensure that our campus grows while at the same time increasing student’s academic performance. Our passion is serving low-income neighborhoods and providing a STEM-focused education in conjunction with music, foreign language, and sports programs.
As we grow by roughly 30% each year, we are seeking intelligent, data-driven staff eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 AZ Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed – no matter their background – with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a dynamic leader who can unite and motivate teachers towards the goal of academic excellence in one of Phoenix's lowest performing neighborhoods. Our ideal principal will have experience with early childhood education, ELL, instructional coaching, set the example for work ethic on campus, have an inclusive but strong leadership style, is flexible, detail-oriented and prides themselves on excellent parent communication.
Qualifications & competencies:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher
• Prior experience working with children
• Experience in working with ELL students
• Previous experience in teaching and/or leadership roles
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (preferably other MS Office programs as well)
• Dedication to going above & beyond for your students
• Data analysis experience
• Commitment to helping at-risk students prepare for and succeed in college
• Be a graduate of a Top 20 University
• Have scored 95th + percentile scores in certification, reasoning, and aptitude tests
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Knowledge of instructional design and highly interactive or innovative instructional methods requiring active responses
• Knowledge of superior field-tested programs and methods such as Direct Instruction, Success for All, Structured Cooperative Learning, Core Knowledge, Expeditionary learning, and the Morningside Generative Model of Instruction
Why work for us?
• Competitive salaries and bonus pay
• Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
• Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
• Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
• Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
• The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
Interested in working with us?
Apply through the link below. Please include:
• A detailed resume that demonstrates your experience and accomplishments
• A cover letter describing your data-supported outcomes from prior schools and passion for working with children from at-risk communities