PRINCIPAL-ACADEMIES OF MATH AND SCIENCE
Academies of Math and Science Desert Sky
Academies of Math & Science
- Job ID: 2873862
- Application Deadline:
January 7, 2018
December 7, 2017
- Starting Date:
Academies of Math and Science – 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
For Today’s Scholars – Tomorrow’s Global Visionaries
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? As part of the AMS family, your role as a dedicated Principal is to use your superb leadership skills to ensure that our campus grows while at the same time increasing student’s academic performance. Our passion is serving low-income neighborhoods and providing a STEM-focused education in conjunction with music, foreign language, and sports programs.
As we grow by roughly 30% each year, we are seeking intelligent, data-driven staff eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 AZ Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed – no matter their background – with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a dynamic leader who can unite and motivate teachers towards the goal of academic excellence in one of Phoenix's lowest performing neighborhoods. Our ideal principal will have experience with early childhood education, ELL, instructional coaching, set the example for work ethic on campus, have an inclusive but strong leadership style, is flexible, detail-oriented and prides themselves on excellent parent communication.
Qualifications & competencies:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher
• Prior experience working with children
• Experience in working with ELL students
• Previous experience in teaching and/or leadership roles
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (preferably other MS Office programs as well)
• Dedication to going above & beyond for your students
• Data analysis experience
• Commitment to helping at-risk students prepare for and succeed in college
• Be a graduate of a Top 20 University
• Have scored 95th + percentile scores in certification, reasoning, and aptitude tests
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Knowledge of instructional design and highly interactive or innovative instructional methods requiring active responses
• Knowledge of superior field-tested programs and methods such as Direct Instruction, Success for All, Structured Cooperative Learning, Core Knowledge, Expeditionary learning, and the Morningside Generative Model of Instruction
Why work for us?
• Competitive salaries and bonus pay
• Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
• Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
• Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
• Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
• The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
Interested in working with us?
Apply through the link below. Please include:
• A detailed resume that demonstrates your experience and accomplishments
• A cover letter describing your data-supported outcomes from prior schools and passion for working with children from at-risk communities
Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
$70,000 to $80,000 Per Year
Equal Opportunity Employer
Academies of Math & Science is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.