SPECIAL EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Kootenai Joint School District #274 (learn more)
Harrison, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
The Director of Special Education provides leadership for the identification and education of children with disabilities. The director is responsible for implementing special education mandates, providing direction for curriculum adaptations and modifications, and ensuring all components of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) are fiscally, legally, and educationally compliant.
The Special Education Director is responsible for the supervision of school professionals and contracted service provider staff as mandated by the IEP.
• Master’s Degree in Special Education, School Administration or Educational Leadership
• Experience with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Emotional Behavioral Disturbance populations preferred
• Successful administrative experience at both the building and district level
• Experience framing agendas and presenting to faculty and parent groups
• Administrative Application
• Educational Philosophy Statement Including Professional Talents and Skills
• University Placement File or Three Letters of Recommendation
• Copy of Idaho Administrative License or Statement of Ability to Obtain
• Consent to Fingerprint Form
• Equal Opportunity Employer Form
Please complete the certified application found on our website www.sd274.com and email requested documents to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kootenai Joint School District #274 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.