SECONDARY MATH TEACHER
Richard McKenna Charter School (learn more)
Mountain Home, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Richard McKenna Public Charter High School, located in Mountain Home, Idaho, is seeking a full-time Math Teacher. The program is design to provide hands-on, project-based learning opportunities for students to deepen their experiences within the subject matter.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications and interests:
• Hold a valid Idaho Educator license for Math Education
• Willing and dedicated to creating a top-notch Math and STEM program
• Dedication to providing a safe, respectful, and welcoming learning environment for students.
• Commitment to the success of ALL students and ability to understand and teach to the various learning styles of students.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the student population being served and how demographic variables impact student achievement, and effectively uses this knowledge to design and delivery instruction.
• The ability to effectively engage students in goal-setting and reflecting on their learning.
• Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in Mathematics content and pedagogy.
• Ability to develop and integrate project-based learning and to target rigorous learning and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge and/or experience using “backwards design” for lesson development, differentiated instruction to support all students, and formative assessment to provide student feedback and to adjust lesson delivery.
• Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
• Excellent teaching, organization, planning, written and oral communication, and collaboration skills.
• Effectively integrates transferable skills into the learning environment.
• Commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of content and pedagogical knowledge and professional practice
Classroom Teacher > Math: Calculus
Classroom Teacher > Math: General
Classroom Teacher > Math: Geometry
Classroom Teacher > Math: Trigonometry
Equal Opportunity Employer
Richard McKenna Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.