ENGLISH TEACHER (2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR)
Bonneville School District (learn more)
Idaho Falls, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from a fully credited university or college.
2. Valid Idaho Teaching Certificate endorsed for appropriate levels and subjects.
3. Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports to: Building Administrator
To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans a program of study that aligns with District and Idaho Core state standards and meets the individual needs, interest, and abilities of students assigned for instruction.
2. Completes all district and state assessment mandates using the data provided to drive instruction.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
4. Designs lesson plans as an instructional aid.
5. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
6. Employs instructional methods and district-adopted materials that are most appropriate to the teaching assignment.
7. Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists if necessary.
8. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
9. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative protocols.
10. Counsels with colleagues, students, and parents on a regular basis.
11. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
12. Develops reasonable rules for classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
13. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for classroom paraprofessionals and volunteers.
14. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
15. Accepts reasonable student supervision assignments that are necessary for the safe management of the school.
16. Provides a substitute teacher with lesson plans or complete directions to carry on the educational program when the teacher is absent.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as requested.
18. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
19. Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
20. Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
21. Has regular and predictable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
An employee working in this position shall, at all times, be subject to the direction of the persons to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person’s designee(s), and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said School District rules, regulations and policies.
This position will be up to eight (8) hours per day; up to 190 days per year. Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Certified Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education. All terms of employment may be subject to change, as recommended by administrative staff or as directed by the Board of Trustees.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Administrator in accordance with board policy.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; have sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individual are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Legal Reference: I.C. § 33-512 Governance of Schools
I.C. § 33-1210 Information on Past Job Performance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.