American Falls School District (learn more)
American Falls, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
1. Assessing difficulties of referred students through appropriate testing and diagnostic practices.
2. Administers tests and recommends placement for all exceptional and new students.
3. Helps identify within the school all types of exceptional children.
4. Maintains case records on all referred students.
5. Recommends corrective procedures.
6. Conducts individual, group, or facilitative therapy for children whose diagnosed problems would benefit from behavior modification.
7. Confers with teachers and parents whenever necessary.
8. Consults on special educational needs of mentally retarded, emotionally disturbed, and slow-learning children.
9. Attends case conferences on placement of individual students.
10. Serves as a consultant on mental health topics for instructors in the school health program.
11. Interprets the school psychological services to teachers and parents.
12. Prepares and submits required reports on mentally retarded children and special education programs.
13. Supervises special education classes.
14. Cooperates with personnel of community health and social welfare agencies
15. Acts as liaison between the school and juvenile court
16. Attends staff, professional, and interagency meetings.
17. Assists with in-service training of school personnel.
18. Conducts appropriate research.
19. Keeps abreast of new developments in the field.
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.