SPECIAL EDUCATION - ELEMENTARY
American Falls School District (learn more)
American Falls, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
1. To inform the regular classroom of the procedures and services of the resource room.
2. To conduct formal and informal behavioral and educational assessments of referred students.
3. To organize and conduct a Child Study Team meeting for each child referred.
4. To prepare an Individual Educational Program for each child annually.
5. To prepare and implement and Individual Instructional Program that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the student in each skill area.
6. To inform parents and teachers of students progress.
7. To provide quality ancillary instruction in a positive atmosphere.
8. To help the child develop a better self-image.
9. To plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aides and/or volunteers
10.To maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and
11. To keep informed of current programs and techniques for teaching exceptional children.
12. To organize and conduct an annual review for the purpose of assessing the accomplishments
of the student and establish placement and/or programs for the following year.
13. To make the learning resource room an integral part of the School System.
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.