DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
Cascade School District (learn more)
Cascade, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
The Director is a creative leader charged with developing and implementing a strategic vision in all areas of technology for the district. They will facilitate the integration of digital tools and best practices into curriculum and administrative systems. Both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer, the Director works with administrators, staff, parents and students to use technology in fulfilling Cascade School District’s mission to “Engage every student, every day in character development and rigorous learning”.
• Develop and implement a strategic vision for the use of technology in the district in both the academic and infrastructural systems.
• Maintain knowledge of and communicate current research findings related to the effective use of technology in the school’s educational program.
• Provide current information to support decision-making on academic and administrative technology matters.
• Manage the District’s 1 to 1 Chromebook program.
• Ensure that network and other technology resources are used safely and responsibly.
• Procure, install and manage technology including: interactive projectors, A/V equipment, desktop computers, VOIP phone system, video surveillance system, etc.
• Manage and provide user support for a variety of products including: PowerSchool, Mileposts, NWEA MAP, Google Classroom, ThinkCentral, Istation, ConnectEd, Discovery Education, etc.
• Plan for, install, manage the District’s wired and wireless networks.
• Conduct student and staff trainings on safe technology use.
• Collect and submit data to the State of Idaho through the Idaho System for Educational Excellence (ISEE).
• Maintain the District website for efficient communication with students, parents, patrons and staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Salary dependent on Experience
Support Staff > Computer Support
Support Staff > Network Services
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cascade School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.