(NATIONAL) HEAD OF SCHOOL
- Job ID: 3065770
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
July 9, 2019
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
K12, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of online K-12 education, seeks progressive education executives to lead innovative schools that eliminate opportunity gaps for our students and increase teacher effectiveness. As chief administrator for a K12-managed school (or Head Of School as we call them), you have an opportunity to make a profound and lasting positive impact on the lives of K12 students across the United States.
We are currently seeking to create a pipeline of Heads Of Schools for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. Applicants will be screened through our executive recruiting function and asked to provide their location preferences by region and/or states and their ability to relocate. You will be eligible to apply to specific positions when posted, but also be proactively considered ahead of open roles. Some of the essential activities of a K12 HOS:
• Often works with multiple Board(s) of Directors acting as chief administrator of one or more schools; manages regulatory complexities and political sensitivities; implements the school’s mission, vision, and strategic planning initiatives driven by K12 and Board(s) of Directors;
• Develops plans and policies for the educational program and submits them to Board(s) of Directors for approval; ensures policies and programs are carried out appropriately by all students, parents, and staff;
• Communicates school budget decisions to K12 and the Board(s) of Directors and oversees the local implementation of the budget;
• Oversees implementation of the school marketing and enrollment plans directed by K12 to achieve and maintain enrollment capacity;
• Serves as public relations liaison between K12 and the school community; engages community and civic groups to support school programs and the school community;
• Effectively recruits, hires, and retains highly qualified staff; develops effective staff members through an ongoing evaluation process and professional development;
• Creates and fosters a positive school culture by involving school staff, community leaders, students and parents;
• Serves as the school’s instructional leader and ensures data is being used to drive all academic decisions
Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Administrator > Superintendent
Welcome to K12 Inc!
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K12 a great place to work.
Learn more about us...
Equal Opportunity Employer
K12 Inc is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.