(NATIONAL) ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATOR/PRINCIPAL
- Job ID: 3066273
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
September 24, 2019
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
K12, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of online K-12 education, seeks progressive educators to lead innovative schools that eliminate opportunity gaps for our students and increase the effectiveness of our teachers. As Academic Administrators (Principals) for a K12-managed school, you have an opportunity to make a profound and lasting positive impact on the lives of K12 students across the United States.
We are currently seeking to create a pipeline of Academic Administrators (Principals) for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. Applicants will be screened through our executive recruiting function and asked to provide their location preferences by region and/or states and their ability to relocate. You will be eligible to apply to specific positions when posted, but also be proactively considered ahead of open roles. Some of the essential activities of a K12 Academic Administrator:
• Develop and evaluate educational program to ensure conformance to state and school board standards.
• Manage teaching staff, school leaders, instructional coaches and educational programs
• Confer with principals, teachers, students, and parents concerning educational and behavioral problems in school.
• Coordinate with teacher and K12 Enrollment regarding expulsions and withdrawals.
• Research and implement non-K12 curriculum resources to meet state standards
• Ensure that the school is meeting the needs of students while complying with local, state, and federal laws regarding special education
• Develop and oversee implementation of the school’s Student Achievement Improvement Plan
• Develop and oversee implementation of the teacher professional development ensuring state standards are met
Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School
Welcome to K12 Inc!
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K12 a great place to work.
Learn more about us...
Equal Opportunity Employer
K12 Inc is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.