ELEMENTARY EDUCATION TEACHER
American Falls School District (learn more)
American Falls, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
1. Provides learning experiences in reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
3. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
4. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
5. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
6. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the District and/or self-selected professional growth activities.7. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory record.
8. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with District testing program.
9. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior, citizenship and sportsmanship.
10. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
11. Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
12. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
13. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
14. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in compliance with the student’s due process.
15. Makes Provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to so under reasonable terms.
16. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s), and evaluates their job performance.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.