ONLINE SOCIAL STUDY TEACHER
Richard McKenna Charter School (learn more)
Mountain Home, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Richard McKenna Virtual High School
Online Social Studies Teacher
Our teachers are responsible for creating interactive and engaging lessons that ensure student mastery of common core state standards.
Teachers are responsible for ensuring that students achieve mastery of learning objectives. They provide guidance, instruction and support, manage the learning process and focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through interactive lessons and daily assessments and they actively work with students and parents to advance each student’s learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach and monitor students Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Knowledgeable of content state standards.
• Collect, review, and provide feedback on student work samples.
• Prepare students for state standardized tests.
• Travel to proctor site-based testing throughout Idaho as requested.
• Participate in professional development opportunities. Remain current with educational trends and effectively implement new strategies.
• Conduct regular conferences with parents/students to assess each student's progress.
• Document all communications and discipline issues in the student log of Acquire.
• Analyze data to identify student academic strengths and weaknesses. Proactively track student progress and school attendance.
• Demonstrate knowledge of online technologies.
• Respond within 24 hours to student, parent and staff inquiries via phone, email and/or text.
• Participate in all professional learning meetings
• Alert administrators of any concerns about student progress and all discipline issues.
• Follow all district policies related to this position.
• Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Richard McKenna Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.