Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Junior/Senior High School Social Studies Teacher
The teacher shall provide students with instruction in 6th-12th Grade social studies. The teacher will focus on classroom instruction and the development of lesson plans of study in accordance with the approved academic programs and initiatives of Shoshone-Bannock School District #537.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: General
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shoshone-Bannock District #537 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The teacher must plan and implement an instructional program in social studies.
2. The teacher must establish and maintain classroom discipline in accordance with District Policies.
3. The teacher must obtain and keep accurate student records, which include: grades, discipline referrals, parental contact log, etc.
4. The teacher must provide an atmosphere where students are able and enthusiastic to learn.
5. The teacher must actively participate in and contribute to the social studies Professional Learning Community.
6. The teacher will sponsor or chaperone school activities or groups related to teacher’s responsibilities.
7. The teacher must attend all administrative meetings and school activities/functions, unless given written permission not to attend by teacher’s supervisor.
8. The teacher must develop curriculum tailored to students’ individual needs.
9. The teacher must prepare necessary reports and paperwork to document and demonstrate student progress.
10. The teacher must maintain the equipment and inventory for the department in which the teacher is assigned.
11. The teacher will comply with requests made by the Principal or School Board.
12. The teacher must maintain a sensitive and positive relationship with Indian people and other professional staff.
13. The teacher must use good judgment, flexibility, imagination, patience, be realistic, optimistic, persevere, and establish and maintain positive relationships with students and professional staff.
14. The teacher must demonstrate a high level of personal and professional conduct and trustworthy behavior at all times.
15. The teacher must be able to adapt quickly to change(s).
16. The teacher must project a professional attitude and appearance.
17. The teacher must maintain strict confidentiality of all student information processed through the Shoshone-Bannock Jr. / Sr. High School, including records, reports, documents, conversations, etc. A breach of confidentiality will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, including termination from employment.
18. The teacher must conduct her/himself in a professional manner that will bring credibility to the Tribal Government and Shoshone-Bannock School District #537.
19. The teacher’s performance standard shall include but is not limited to;
a. An ability to maintain dependable attendance and reliability; b. An efficient use of public communication skills to provide teaching; c. Maintains contacts with parents; d. An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff; e. An ability to work independently with little supervision; and, f. An ability to demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures utilized in the teaching environment.
20. The teacher’s duties and responsibilities will include other activities directed by the Principal to carry out position functions.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s level degree from an accredited college or university in Education within the content area that will be taught.
2. Certified in the State of Idaho as a secondary education teacher in the specified field.
3. Experience working with computers; a knowledge of most current Windows is preferred.
4. Knowledge of the Fort Hall area, community, and the customs of its residents.
5. Must work professionally and proactively with faculty and other personnel.
6. Must have the ability to work with and around 6th – 12th grade students.
7. Must have proof of a valid Idaho driver’s license and be insurable through the Tribes’ insurance carrier.
8. A background investigation must be completed and acceptable under the provisions of the policies of the Shoshone-Bannock District #537, and the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Protection Act.
9. Must participate in and pass the alcohol/drug screen.
10. Must demonstrate the ability to understand and follow laws, rules and regulations, resolutions, and policies.
11. Employment history must demonstrate dependability, and teacher must demonstrate exceptional organizational capabilities.
12. Self-starter; complete tasks in a timely manner with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
13. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
14. Ability to understand and execute a variety of complex written and oral instructions.
No experience required
Bachelor degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.