LEWISTON INDEPENDENT DISTRICT (learn more)
Lewiston, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Position Title: School Nurse
Location: Lewiston Independent School District No. 1
We are seeking a school nurse who is skilled in developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing health-related education to students; overseeing the development of personal care plans in collaboration with individual education plan teams (i.e., IEP teams) for students with disabilities; use expertise to make decisions centered around rashes, illnesses in school, communicable diseases, and other similar conditions.
Must be student-centered and possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and relate well to a variety of diverse individuals at varying levels including students, parents, teachers, staff members and administrators. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality are paramount in this position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Additional Information: Salary depends upon experience and includes a competitive benefit package. For more information about our benefit plan, see http://www.lewistonschools.net/departments/businessoffice/benefits.html.
• Idaho Educator’s Certification endorsed for School Nurse K-12 or the ability to obtain within a reasonable period of time.
• Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Fingerprint/criminal justice clearance.
• Submit all requested application materials as specified within the online application for this position. Individual transcripts for each college or university you attended should be included. An unofficial copy of your transcripts may be used temporarily, but if hired, you will be required to provide official transcripts for education to date.
• A copy of your current certification is required unless you have just graduated. If you have just graduated and do not have your credential, please attach a statement in place of the credential indicating 1) when you anticipate receiving your Idaho State Credential and 2) applicable endorsements.
• Questions regarding an applicant’s eligibility to hold an Idaho Standard Certification may contact: Teacher Certification at the Idaho State Department of Education at (208) 332-6882 or by visiting their website at: http://www.sde.idaho.gov/site/teacher_certification/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LEWISTON INDEPENDENT DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.