Parma School District #137
- Job ID: 3230659
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
February 12, 2020
- Starting Date:
Board of Trustees and Superintendent
The network engineer will work independently to ensure maximum performance of a high traffic network infrastructure while maintaining system integrity. Internal networks include computer, voice, Wi-Fi. The ideal candidate is pleasant, helpful, and efficient as well as having in-depth knowledge of networks with a focus on maintenance, future planning and design.
1. 2-year minimum previous experience in IT, network security or systems support, or network administrator positions, information technology, or computer science field. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in network administration, information technology, or computer science is a plus.
2. Additional certifications, such as CompTIA Network+/Security+, Juniper Certified Network Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), is a plus
3. Familiarity with various network types including LANs, WANs, WLANs, SANs, and VoIP networks
4. Possess knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Microsoft server OS, Microsoft tools and applications. Student testing apps and Student Information Systems familiarity is a plus
5. Increase job knowledge through continuing education and professional development opportunities, attend conferences, and read professional industry publications
6. Being on call outside of regular working hours for emergency’s as well as occasional nights and weekends as needed
7. Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
8. Ability to perform well under pressure
9. Have high attention to detail
10. Be a confident communicator
11. Work well independently and with educators and contractors
12. Manage IT “Helpers” (usually an educator that has some IT experience or a student)
Administrator > Technology
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Parma School District #137 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Please visit our website, www.parmaschools.org for a full job description and application.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.