MIDDLE SCHOOL SPANISH TEACHER
Falcon Ridge Charter LEA (learn more)
Kuna, Idaho (map)
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Falcon Ridge Middle School Spanish Job Description
Job Status: A ll Applicants
Job Title: Middle School Spanish Teacher
Location: Falcon Ridge Public Charter School
Reports To: Principal
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Place on Certified Salary Schedule
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Public Employees Retirement System
Middle School Spanish Teacher Job Summary:
Provides middle school students in grades 6-8 with the educational opportunities to learn and progress through the use of appropriate teaching strategies and materials.
Must possess a current Idaho Education Credential with appropriate endorsement
Demonstrated ability to accomplish the major duties listed below
Positive public relations skills
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Successful experience working with students in a classroom setting that includes varying abilities, including at-risk students.
2. Provide Spanish instruction to all students using a variety of instructional strategies using total participation techniques.
3. Committed to collaboration with the counselor, administrators, and other teachers on student needs and highly effective instructional practices.
4. Accommodate implementation of special services (IEP, 504) when applicable.
5. Participate in staff meetings and professional staff development.
6. Commitment to a team approach in all aspects of educational programming.
7. Communicate effectively with parents and students.
8. Strong classroom management skills.
9. Perform such school-related duties as assigned by the principal.
10. Be knowledgeable of, and uphold all policies pertaining to teachers and students as specified in district rules and regulations.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter competencies and/or skills to be presented to students.
12. Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students to the extent possible.
13. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students within the limits of resources provided by the district.
14. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, establishing clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects and communicate these objectives to students. Upon request of the immediate supervisor, show written evidence of preparation.
15. Use instructional materials adopted by the district and employ methods that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
16. Evaluate student progress on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
17. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
18. Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
19. Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication and cooperative relations with the administration, students, parents, and colleagues.
20. Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees to plan instructional goals, objectives, and methods; assist in selection of instructional equipment and materials.
21. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
22. Know and follow district policy and chain of command.
23. Deal with students, parents, staff, and others in a positive, encouraging manner.
24. Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
25. Any other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to quickly move in a school environment where children are present.
May sit for extended periods of time.
Walk and stand for extended periods of time.
Reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally lift and carry heavy objects.
May be required to block or redirect students.
Must be able to effectively communicate through speech.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Falcon Ridge Charter LEA is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.